Litto Things takes your privacy very seriously and we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and personal information. We are the data controller and have appropriate procedures and security features in place to keep it secure and prevent unauthorised access.
This policy, together with our terms and conditions, set out the basis on which personal data we collect from you or that you provide to us will be processed by us. Please read them carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy by visiting www.littothings.com.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
If you, as a visitor to our site, decided to sign up to our communication list, we will collect personal information about you, including your name and email address. Different services may require different types of information.
If you are aged 16 or under, you must get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide us with your personal information. Unless you have this consent you are not allowed to give us your information.
Here are the more specific details about the information we collect:
Information you provided us: Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site – this includes information provided at the time of buying any of our products or services, subscribing to any services or marketing, creating user accounts, posting materials, filling in surveys or requesting further services. We will also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion and when you report a complaint or problem with our services. This information will normally include information about yourself, such as your name, date of birth etc., and contact details, such as address, email address, telephone number etc.;
Information about your location: If you have enabled location services on your device, we may collect information about your actual location. You can disable it at any time by updating your preferences on your device;
Information about transactions: We will make a record of the details of the transaction if you purchase something from us, including what products or services you have bought, details of the payment made etc.; and
Contact information: We may keep a record of the correspondence if you contact us.
As well as collecting information directly, we may collect information gathered from publicly available sources and social media platforms. We may also receive personal information about you from third parties, such as our business partners, where you have provided them permission to share your information, or they are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us.
We may also compile and share aggregated data, such as statistical or demographic data. This gathers together your personal information and that of others in an aggregated and anonymous way. It does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity.
If you fail to provide the personal information we have requested where we are required to collect this by law, or to perform our contract with you, we may be unable to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you. However, we will notify you if this is the case.
HOW WE WILL USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use your information for a number of purposes, depending on how and where we receive it. We will always do so on a lawful basis, which will normally be one of the following justifications
To allow you to participate in interactive features of our site, when you choose to do so, we will set out why we would like to use your data and ask for your permission to do this to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
For example, we will do this when:
- we would like to send you carefully selected newsletters, special offers and/or promotions from the services you are using/titles you have purchased, which may also feature relevant offers from our business partners, by email and/or push notification where applicable and permitted by the app store you use;
- we would like to pass your information to carefully selected organisations to allow them to tell you about their special offers or products and services that may be of interest to you;
- we process “special categories” of personal data about you, such as your health; and
Where our processing of your information is based on your consent, you can withdraw this consent at any time by changing your account settings if you have an online account with us, or by changing your website browser or mobile device settings in relation to cookies. You will also be given a straightforward way to opt out of our marketing messages each time you receive a communication from us. Please note that it may take up to two weeks to implement changes to your preferences.
To perform our contract with you
In some circumstances we will need to use your information to help us provide you with the product or service you have ordered.
For example, we will do this:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to meet product orders, requests for services or information and to process payments and any other requests you make of us;
- if we need to contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to manage our competitions and contact the winners; and
- to enable other people or businesses to carry out work on our behalf.
Sometimes we will use your information for specific purposes we have carefully considered, taking into account any potential impact on you and your rights, where it will help us to enhance the services we provide and benefit our customers.
This may include:
- to personalise or improve our communications with you. For example, we may use your purchase or booking history with us to provide you with tailored information about other products or services which are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about or more likely to be of interest to you or contact you by email with details of special offers or promotions that we think may be of interest to you, where we have explained this when we collect your information and you have not opted-out of receiving such messages. We may also contact you about renewing your subscription when this has lapsed. If you are a new customer and only browsing the site, we will not collect your personally identifiable information.
- for statistical and analytical purposes, in order to help us understand our audiences, improve the products and services we offer, and to determine the price we should charge for digital advertising;
- to contact you about a submission or contribution you have made to our websites or message boards, including any content you provide;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about our services in order to help us improve these in future, participation is always voluntary;
- to keep our records up to date, including any correspondence or communications between us;
- to administer and protect our business and websites for internal operations, including troubleshooting, system maintenance, data analysis, testing, reporting, research, statistical and survey purposes etc.;
- for management and auditing of our business, including the preparation of statistics about circulation and usage of our products;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to investigate and protect against fraudulent, unauthorised, or illegal activity; and
- providing your information to buyers in the event of a sale or potential sale to a third party.
Where we process your information based on legitimate interest grounds, you may object to this at any time and we will stop using it for that purpose unless we have compelling legitimate grounds or other legal reason for continuing to use it.
We are entitled to process your personal information where we are under a legal or regulatory obligation to do so.
DATA RETENTION & STORAGE
Data will be retained as long as your account is active. There is no expiration on accounts and deletion may be requested at any time.
We will not share your personal information with any third parties except:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Litto Things or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
The information you provide us is stored on our secure servers, which are encrypted, salted and hashed. The information may also be transferred to, stored at, or accessed from a destination outside the European Economic Area by us or by someone acting on our behalf where it is necessary to fulfil an order, process payment details or provide you with other services. Where this is the case, we will always ensure that appropriate protection is in place to protect your personal information.
Where we have given you or where you have chosen a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential and not to share it with anyone. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
SERVICES WE USE
When you sign up or opt to join one of our communication lists, you will be added to the relevant list to receive direct email marketing from us.
We use Google analytics to track how you are using the site, your browsing behaviour, journey and device or browser used. No personally identifiable information is collected via Google analytics. This information is used to help improve the experience for the users.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with it. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
To opt out of communications from us or for further enquiries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated October, 2018.